Although we aim to provide you with the highest standards of service, there may be occasions when our service or advice does not meet your expectations. This guide is intended to communicate the process we will follow should you feel the need to complain. The procedure has been designed to meet the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Although we will deal with complaints made verbally, it is preferable that your complaint is put in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in by post using the below address:
- Level 3 | 207 Regent Street | London | W1B 3HH
- We will send you a written acknowledgment within five working days of receiving your complaint (whether made verbally or in writing).
- Your concerns will be fully investigated and a detailed response (‘decision letter') issued within eight weeks of receiving your complaint.
- Should you have any concerns in the meantime you should contact the customer services department using this email address email@example.com
- In the unlikely event that no response is provided by us within the eight-week period you are entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If you remain dissatisfied following our final decision letter, you have the option to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
- Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
If the matter is to be referred to the Ombudsman you should do so as soon as possible after our final response and certainly within six months. Outside this time period the FOS has the discretion whether to review your complaint or not.
You should allow us to complete our Internal Complaints Procedure before you refer your concerns to the Ombudsman.
There are certain types of complaint that are outside the Ombudsman's jurisdiction. Before you refer the matter to the Ombudsman you may wish to contact them on 0300 123 9123 to discuss your complaint. You can also visit their website http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk for more information.